Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Margie Lawson's Early Bird Class at ACFW



If I could tell you anything about Margie's teaching this last week, it would be that she changed my life.

Dramatic?

Not at all.

The thing I was after not only presented itself in deepening my characters, but in my personal life.

I spent last night reteaching what I had learned to my step-daughter who is taking AP English. What do you think she had to do? Uh huh. Figure out what rhetorical devices are, what they are used for, how to recognize them, and how the deepen the emotional experience for the reader.

Who did she have to use as an example? Aristotle!

And Aristotle's ethics confirmed the decision my husband and I agreed on about my career only the night before. That I am happiest doing what I was created to do. Aristotle's entire manuscript layered that over-arching theme. My husband realized it through my energy and joy about this conference experience. And he said that to me.

Now, we are beginning to work toward a change in our family and heating company. We are working me out of the day to day operations and into full-time writing and speaking.

How did we come to this decision? By working through layers of choices that deepened the meaning of life as we knew it.

It all started with the Early Bird class that Margie taught.

Don't miss next year in Minneapolis:-)

It could change your life as you know it.

Angie
PS Want more on Margie Lawson's teaching? Go visit the FAITH Girls over at:
http://writingbyfaith.blogspot.com for today's extension of that class.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie,

I sure enjoyed meeting you at the conference. You are quite the spark plug! I enjoyed your interview with Margie. I was in her class and have already signed up for her on-line course for Oct. Should be fun. Anyway, I'll look forward to seeing you again in MN. Take care!

Helen Hanson

p.s. My fledgling blog is at HelenHanson.com

AngBreidenbach said...

Helen,
I loved getting to know you too! I'm heading over to your new site to check it out. And by the way, I giggled at your description of me. I had never heard it put quite that way and just sparked over it, lol.
Angie

Anonymous said...

Oh Angie,

I'm so excited for you! I'm glad your husband is seeing how important writing is to you. To be able to switch to writing full-time is almost beyond my imagination. I dream about it, but I know the reality for me is much further down the road. My husband's van gave out today. We just purchased a new 2007 truck for his business. It was so hard not to hyperventilate (did I spell that right?) My first thought was, there goes MN next year. And then I stopped that thought. God can do anything between now and then.

AngBreidenbach said...

Yes, Jenn, God can do anything. The prayers to be a full time writer/speaker have been in my life for a couple of years. This is just the beginning of the change for me. My husband and I are aware of the need and the decision, but we have not yet determined the exact execution or the length of time it will take to complete the transition.

The important thing is that the decision is made. Now all we have to do is gravitate in that direction.
That naturally occurs because of the decision.

Don't take your eyes off your goal. If necessary, stop to refill your tank, but keep checking your map for directions. I believe you will get there.

Angie

Lindi said...

Angie,
Congratulations on your direction and having the support you need to fulfill your dream. I'm like Jenn, it's a dream that is probably a little further away for me, but also like Jenn said God can do anything.

Anonymous said...

Angie --

I knew you were amazing, and here you are taking your life to the next level. Your husband must be the perfect mate for you.

I know you'll create a smart map with multiple paths, all leading to success. I'm glad I met you so I can be privy to your beautiful journey. :-)))

Hugs to you............Margie

Missy Tippens said...

Yippee, Angie! I'm so happy for you!! How exciting. :)

Missy

Anne Mateer said...

Randy--I mean, Angie,

I'm so happy for you! God does amazing things in our lives--like sending us to conferences and introducing us to new friends, as well as making ways for us to do what He's called us to do!

Keep in touch!

D'Ann