Saturday, January 07, 2012

Weight Loss Toys (tools)

I posted this on a private loop, but thought it might be fun for the general public too.

No kidding. I LOVE this new "toy". I call them toys instead of tools because I think we can make weight loss fun and staying healthy enjoyable. But only if we adopt an attitude of positive thinking. So I've called my weight loss tools "toys" for a long time. When I coach at the gym, I ask my clients what "toy" they want to play with :-) We smile instead of grimace. Much better!

Here's my newest and current favorite:

So why is it my new fave? Because it's light, easy to use, and fun.
Does it work? Yes. I saw additional definition in my arms within one week. Now if you have a lot of weight to lose, it may take longer to visually notice sculpting. But keep going anyway.

Favorite tip: Turn on music and dance with it to Salsa or upbeat tunes. The routine is only 6 minutes long. You can find time to do that! Invite a friend and have a blast.

Be sure you watch the "how-to" video first. It's only a few minutes long, but it explains the isometrics and how to properly use the toy.

My biggest frustration: I had a car accident on Dec. 21st. I'd been using the shake weight for 1 day shy of 2 weeks. My doc won't let me for another week. I am SO bummed. I really started to see results in the definition of my arm muscles. But I'll be back at it soon with a little Salsa music in the mix!

Biggest money saving tip: I get the 20% off mailing flyer from Bed, Bath, and Beyond all the time. They carry the shake weight. Use the coupon and save two bucks. Don't order it online because it's just a lot of postage for no reason. You can find it in most stores like Bed, Bath, and Beyond or Walmart, Target, etc.

Have fun Salsa dancing with your new toy!

Angie

2 comments:

Linda said...

Thank you Angie. I think this is one even I can use!

Linda

AngBreidenbach said...

I think it'll be lots of fun and it's affordable. Be sure to pop back and share any cool Salsa moves you learn!
:-)
Angie