Monday, July 08, 2013

AWSA Conference and ICRS Photo montage


In St. Louis, June 2013, for the Advanced Writers and Speakers Association conference and then the International Christian Retail Show. We ran hard and fast through the entire week, but here's a few photo moments and highlights. Scroll through to the bottom for my big news :D
Rhonda Rhea & Angie share lunch, literally, before AWSA conference starts. The waiter didn't even bring a separate plate to split it or silverware.
Angie has the rental car. I shuttled 4 carloads of people to the Christian Authors Network dinner at Mangoes Peruvian Restaurant while it poured buckets!
Angie with her editor, Ramona Richards, a finalist for the Golden Scroll Fiction Editor of the Year award at the AWSA awards luncheon.

Angie with publisher, Pamela Clements, from Abingdon Press at the Golden Scrolls awards luncheon.
1st table of CAN (Christian Authors Network) members at Mangoes Peruvian. When in St. Louis, you MUST eat here. It's amazing and affordable!
2nd table of CAN author members at Mangoes Peruvian.

Gary Roe, Cec Murphey, and Angie at their co-author signing.

CAN authors with our first winner, Candy, representing the
Christ & We bookstore Ibadan, Nigeria. They won $800 in books from CAN authors.


Angie Breidenbach, Bonnie Calhoun, Linda Attaway celebrate at the Christies.

Winners of $800 in books from CAN authors. Their bookstore is in Illinois!

My new "boss" at Choose Now Publishing. Nicole O'Dell founded Choose Now and hired me to edit books for her. I'm honored and super excited to be part of this ministry, publishing company, and online magazine.
Torry Martin and Angie. He's been part of my life via radio and didn't know it! My kids and I have listened to Adventures in Odyssey for years! Love this guy!

Regina came by to get a book at the Quilts of Love signing. She shared her quilt photos and is going to be my first interview on the new Quilts of Love blog!

The sales crew at Abingdon Press are amazing people! Thank you, David, Preston, and Nancy for all your help and support.

Photo bombing the Duck Dynasty guy...Preston is photo bombing us :)
We laughed so hard! I have a ton of silly pics of this.

CAN authors award $800 in books to a Nigerian bookstore!

This trip was one of my most successful ever! We ran out of books at my signing, I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing 5 celebrity authors on the Heritage of Truth TV and then was interviewed myself, acted as the official tweeter for the Christy Awards, and spoke twice during the week. My mind and heart are both so full of great experiences and memories. I also confirmed two book sales that week for the 2014 publishing year. Woot Woot!

Have you had one week in your life where everything seemed to come together really well? Can you remember all the details? I can't. But I'm savoring those I can ;) 

No comments: