Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lucky Baby by Meredith Efken

Meredith Efken wrote so skillfully that I had a hard time realizing that I was reading words on the page. It was so beautiful I watched the scenes unfold seemlessly in my mind. The characters immersed me in their world. Such rich description and yet it's not overwhelming or literary. Lucky Baby is a rich exploration of family relationships, trust, love, and internal growth. International adoption is complicated, but it brings great joy to the families that enrich the love in the world through it. Meredith Efken brings out some of the difficulties, but also shares the joy. I really loved the realistic couple conversations between Meg and Lewis. Some humorous treats keep the book from being too heavy while deeply exploring complicated family connections. My heart wrenched with Weng Ming as she met disappointment after disappointment and with Meg Lindsey as she walks through it all with such courage. This is a must read!

You can find the book online here.

Bio:
Meredith Efken is the author of the critically acclaimed SAHM I Am series and has been a finalist for the Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice award and the ACFW Carol Award. She and her husband, who are enjoying learning Argentine tango, live with their two daughters in Nebraska. One of their daughters is adopted from China, and it was that experience that inspired this book.

Blessed to have read Lucky Baby.
Angie Breidenbach

No comments: