Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dealing With Fear



I'm sharing with you today a gem of wisdom- the snowflake obsidian. I use it in lesson 4 of my online class, Battle Your Pirates and Win! to help people take an abstract concept to the concrete.

Did you know God uses gemstones in both the old and new testaments to help us remember special events, who or what to pray for, and as memory anchors? Yes-he uses rocks to anchor what he wants us to remember! I found this out while studying in the scriptures to answer some of my own questions. The altars, Aaron's breastpiece, the foundations of heaven, boundary lines, and special memorials are a few of the ways God uses his creativity with gemstones and ordinary rocks.

If a rock signifies courage, it has to be the snowflake obsidian.

Short excerpt from Battle Your Pirates and Win!
Snowflakes bursting against a night sky—the perfect description the snowflake obsidian’s white splash on gray rock. Sometimes the flakes overlap and create patches of snow. It’s a natural glass sculpture that looks like an artist intended to create one-of-a-kind abstract pieces. Obsidian comes from deep within the volcano to the top crust. As it cools more quickly, the composition is finer than the water filled and slower deep cooling magma that becomes granite. One thing to fear about any obsidian is the sharpness, particularly for the unaware. It can cut skin easily. The danger is real.

Ponder Point: Psalm 32:8 (NLT)
The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.”

So what are we afraid of if the Lord is guiding us along the best path?

Read the scripture out loud and then follow with this:
This obsidian represents courage as it bursts forth from deep within me. I will use the sharp edges of my fear to sculpt this unique gem of wisdom.


Angie
The photo here is of the snowflake obsidian pendant available at www.MyGemofWisdom.com and this line of jewelry helps support 2 orphan homes in Kenya. More information available on MyGemofWisdom.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so interesting! I've always had this "thing" for rocks! I just LOVE them - and they don't have to be gems, (although I do favor amethyst - it has so many positive qualities), I just love even your average, found-by-the-side-of-the-road ROCKS.

Now your post has given me little insight as to maybe WHY!

Creative Chronicler said...

What a wonderful post! and a beautiful pendant. Although my favorite stone is the malachite, the snow obsidian has always run an extremely close second. Thanks for giving it special meaning.

AngBreidenbach said...

Thank you, ladies, I appreciate your thoughts! I agree, rocks are amazing. I hadn't thought of why we women love rocks so much like you pointed out! I'm so glad you both commented. Thank you for adding to the post!
Angie
http://www.MyGemofWisdom.com