Friday, July 10, 2009

Do you visit day spas?


Today I have the pleasure of hosting Camy Tang, author of Deadly Intent, as a guest blogger. Please enjoy this fun topic on the value of day spas. I hope you one day have the pleasure of hearing Camy laugh too. She has one of the best laughs I've ever heard.
:-D
Angie


Calgon, take me away!

I was first introduced to day spas by my friend, Robyn. At first I was a bit skeptical because I’d always thought spas were only a luxury for the wealthy and famous.

Imagine my amazement when I discovered that day spas aren’t just for going in, getting a massage, and leaving. The entire experience is that of relaxation.

Inside the spa is a lovely sitting area for just relaxing—leaving your problems at the door and having a quiet haven of rest. Clients are typically welcome to arrive early or stay late after their treatment(s), enjoying the soothing atmosphere and the small amenities available (varies depending on the spa).

I love massages because it helps with my old back injury to have the muscles kneaded and soothed. I’m also not too embarrassed about having someone massage my body as long as the massage therapist is a woman.

But if you’re not comfortable with something like that, facials and/or pedicures are wonderful ways to relax just as much as a full body massage or wrap. Facials usually include some shoulder and neck massage, and pedicures also usually involve some calf and leg massage, as well as wonderful massaging of the feet and toes.

The entire experience of getting a treatment can help relieve stress and recharge inner wells of energy. In our modern world, where busyness can cause cracks in our clay vessels, the spa environment and treatments can mend those cracks and help us be whole again.

Our society seems to encourage efficiency and hard work, with no room for relaxation, for recharging, for healing. Women, especially, need a time to force themselves to stop, to focus on bodily healing, which can open the doors for mental and spiritual healing.

Spas and treatments also don’t have to be expensive, depending on where you go. Most cities have several day spa options. And a month of foregoing a daily latte at Starbucks or not going out for lunch one or two times a week will pay for an afternoon of enjoyment at a spa.

After realizing the value to body, mind, and soul that a spa environment can achieve, I naturally wanted to write a story set in a day spa! In California, one of my favorite “small towns” is Sonoma, which still retains its farming roots even as they open their arms wide for tourists. It was the perfect place for my fictional day spa, where clients from all walks of life can come for rejuvenation.

Hopefully your spa experience will NOT involve murder and mayhem like my characters, but I hope you will indulge yourself in an afternoon at a spa to refill the well. Bring along DEADLY INTENT to read while you’re there! LOL
Camy

Angie: I just have to chime in here. I feel renewed and am completely convinced that taking advantage of these relaxing opportunities adds value to my life and stress relief I wouldn't have otherwise. I urge you to take a chance and explore at your earliest free moment. Value yourself enough to fill that well and you will have the ability to keep serving your families, friends and obligations with much more energy and joy.

DEADLY INTENT back cover blurb:
SCENE OF THE CRIME
The Grant family’s exclusive Sonoma spa is a place for rest and relaxation—not murder! Then Naomi Grant finds her client Jessica Ortiz bleeding to death in her massage room, and everything falls apart. The salon’s reputation is at stake...and so is Naomi’s freedom when she discovers that she is one of the main suspects! Her only solace is found with the other suspect—Dr. Devon Knightley, the victim’s ex-husband. But Devon is hiding secrets of his own. When they come to light, where can Naomi turn...and whom can she trust?

Bio:

Camy Tang writes romance with a kick of wasabi. She used to be a biologist, but now she is a staff worker for her church youth group and leads a worship team for Sunday service. She also runs the Story Sensei fiction critique service. On her blog, she gives away Christian novels every week, and she ponders frivolous things like dumb dogs (namely, hers), coffee-geek husbands (no resemblance to her own...), the writing journey, Asiana, and anything else that comes to mind. Visit her website at http://www.camytang.com/ for a huge website contest going on right now, giving away ten boxes of books and 30 copies of her latest release, DEADLY INTENT.

1 comment:

Camy Tang said...

Thanks so much for featuring me today, Angie! Best of luck on Mrs. International!!! Woohoo!!!
Camy