Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Touring Chicago with Mrs. International Contestants



This is the second day of the pageant. We toured Chicago in an open, double-decker bus. They had us stop a few times for special photo opps. There were 46 women, so we were put in 3 groups for the week. Each group had separate photos during the tour. I was Group B :-)

Many of these ladies and I spent time getting to know each other during the week. I have to say how honored and floored I am by all of them. They are accomplished, intelligent and passionate volunteers. Each one has a beautiful heart and gives of herself so unselfishly. They are amazing!

I'll post more through the week as I'm able to catch up.

Angie

2 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

And meeting all of those incredible women will likely be the best part of your adventure!

L. Diane Wolfe
www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
www.spunkonastick.net
www.thecircleoffriends.net

AngBreidenbach said...

I kid you not, you are right on! This was an extremely good decision on my part--to compete and meet all those accomplished souls! They are awe inspiring. Each one giving so much of herself to make this world a better place. I didn't meet one that was a surface oriented person. Impressed and amazed at the work they all do for their communities and humanity.
Angie