Sunday, June 28, 2009

Q & A with Mrs. Montana International



Tosca asked: I missed the teleseminar interview with you. Can I still hear it somehow?

Angie: Thank you so much for wanting to hear it! Yes, it is available on my website by following this link.

Another link is here.

Randy asked: Why did you want to be Mrs. Montana or Mrs. International?

Angie: This was an easy one :-) I think the Mrs. International pageant gives women a voice and the ability to reach out and leave a legacy with their work and the things we believe in. I want to help people discover the gems of wisdom from their experiences and turn around to use them as building blocks and gifts for others. I use my gems of wisdom to write, speak and support children's causes around the world through Hope's Promise and the Jadyn Fred Foundation. That's why I wrote my book and started life coaching (you can find more about that at MyGemofWisdom.com. In the process, I commissioned a line of jewelry that helps support two of Hope's Promise Orphan Homes in Kenya. So it was a natural charity to include in my life. My slogan is Personal Growth = Powerful Living!

Rosy asked: How can we help?

Angie: There are several ways to help depending on your own heart's leading.
There is a special fundraiser right now that the Mrs. International Pageant is involved with specifically for the American Heart Association. Since my mother passed away from congestive heart failure and my dad has had a quadruple by-pass, I feel the research and life style guidance the AHA provides is essential. Please visit the Mrs. International Contestant page and scroll down to Mrs. Montana to vote for me. It doesn't sway who wins the title, but it does help the American Heart Association continue their work while it also helps me continue my work for the charities I represent. Thank you if this is also a passion for your heart. A fun aside, there are 5 questions each contestant answers. So you have the opportunity to get to know the ladies before the pageant. I like this unique aspect!

Another way to help is by donating toward the financial needs of the Hope's Promise Orphan Ministries. You can donate online and it is very simple. I urge you to take a look at the website and get familiar with the international organization. Pray about it and consider how you might touch a life and leave your own legacy.

One very simple and fun way to help is how you shop for presents! Please visit MyGemofWisdom.com when you need a gift for birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas or just to enjoy the beauty of natural gemstones. We'll have purses and small bags from Kenya late summer or early fall. The jewelry not only helps support the orphan homes but the purses and bags will support the single moms with AIDS. These hidden victims are in the Taraja Project. The project helps mommies stay with their children as long as life allows. Consider buying a gift with immense value outside of the beauty, you'll be offering hope as well. Who wouldn't love a gift like that?

Each gem in the jewelry has a significant meaning. The pendant is interchangeable. This one is the snowflake obsidian and the meaning is--courage! Each piece is a one of a kind and has a registration number as well as a map to the meanings of the gems (they correlate to each chapter of my book, Insanity Rules: Gems of Wisdom.) We send you the treasure map for your piece so you know which stone is which and the affirmation statements of each gem.

And I'd love to have your support at the Mrs. International Pageant! If you are in the Chicago area on July 17th and 18th, tickets to attend are available from the Skokie Performing Arts Center.

Thank you so much for the great questions!
Angie
PS I'll post some photos of the Biga Pizza for a Biga Cause-building a well for the Neema Children's Home after the event today. If you are in the Missoula area, it's from 2-6p.m. at Biga Pizza, downtown Missoula, on Main Street. I hope to see you there!

No comments: