Sunday, December 07, 2008

Here we are a travelin'

Sometimes it feels like all I do is sleep in hotels. I really love my own bed and pillow. I love when my cat curls up next to me. I sleep really hard at home.

My step-daughter, Jamie, just had her graduation last night from college. Now she begins the adventure of life. My hubby is so proud :-D Her degree is in Outdoor Recreation Management to allow her the possibility of one day owning her own youth camp.

I am excited for her next leap into adventure. She's going to New Zealand to work at a retreat camp with the YMCA. She has a specialty in adventure sports like rock climbing, white water rafting and wilderness experience. She's going to be a teacher for outdoor ed like we all went to in 6th grade in the mountains. How cool is that?!

So for gift ideas . . . we got her a really nice compass. Something she'll use often and to symbolically point her to the future. I was really happy when she said that it was just what she wanted. Yay!

We travel a lot more than we thought we would, but sometimes hotels are worth it, even if we don't get to sleep as well. We can always sleep at home.

Happy trails,
Angie

PS Today is my day to post (every Sunday) over at Writer's Rest.

No comments: