Monday, August 25, 2008

Wild Goose Chase by Mark Batterson




Book: Wild Goose Chase


Author: Mark Batterson



Summary:

Most of us have no idea where we’re going most of the time. Perfect.

“Celtic Christians had a name for the Holy Spirit–An Geadh-Glas, or ‘the Wild Goose.’ The name hints at mystery. Much like a wild goose, the Spirit of God cannot be tracked or tamed. An element of danger, an air of unpredictability surround Him. And while the name may sound a little sacrilegious, I cannot think of a better description of what it’s like to follow the Spirit through life. I think the Celtic Christians were on to something….

Most of us will have no idea where we are going most of the time. And I know that is unsettling. But circumstantial uncertainty also goes by another name: Adventure.” --from the introduction

Angie's Take: I'm on p.22 and so fired up already! I've prayed the thoughts from page 20 about my God ordained passion too. Mark Batterson pulled me in right away. I started this morning while on the treadmill at the gym. I chose to move to the elliptical so I wouldn't have to stop reading. If I did stop, it was to think about what I'd just read. The questions at the end of the 1st chapter hit me square between the eyes. I've been on an adventure all my life, I just didn't know it was supposed to be one. I love the ideas that Mark brings out for investigation. I have been questioning my own responsibilities as distractions to what God has in store for me. Having the opportunity to read Wild Goose Chase comes at a time in my life that I am already working toward the dreams I believe God placed inside me. It's a little eery, and I don't believe in coincidences.

If you are at a spot in your life where you wonder about your purpose, I think you'll love the call to adventure from Mark Batterson in Wild Goose chase.


For more info on Mark and his book, visit www.chasethegoose.com or www.markbatterson.com

No comments: