Thursday, August 21, 2008

NAMI WALKS: National Alliance for Mental Illness

Look what I found!

So I'm researching for my book, Insanity Rules, when I want to make sure I have the most recent data from NAMI. I never noticed the little bottom links before on the website. I love to walk and I really want to support the mission of NAMI.

I'm pasting in this tidbit from their website to help promote the event. Then I'm asking other people if they'd like to go to Helena, MT with me on Sep 28th, 2008 to do the 5K walk. We can form a team.

If you are at all interested, please contact me. I'll be getting more info in the next few days to share on how to form a team and what all it takes.

Since my mom was a schizophrenic, I feel the importance of building knowledge and public awareness as well as possible solutions. This is a small way for me to get involved.

Anyone else?
Angie



NAMI Montana

Every journey begins with that first step. In 2008, thousands of concerned citizens in 70 communities across the nation will join NAMI's Campaign for the Mind of America and walk together to raise money and awareness about our need for a world-class treatment and recovery system for people with mental illness.

Join hundreds of folks from around Montana to build recovery and fight the stigma related to mental illness by participating in or donating to NAMI Montana's NAMIWalk.

Former Detroit Lions Quarterback Eric Hipple will be in Helena throughout the weekend, attending Carroll College's homecoming festivities and leading the 2008 NAMIWalk. Hipple is nationally known not only for his career in the NFL, but also for the work he currently does in the area of suicide prevention subsequent to his teenage son’s suicide in 2000.

NAMI Montana is excited to have Eric on our team. Please join him in supporting NAMI Montana's critical mission of advocating on behalf of consumers and family members, providing education, and to offering support groups for families and consumers.
Location: Memorial Park
Helena, MT
Date: September 28, 2008
Distance: 5 K
Check-in: 11:00 am
Start Time: 1:00 pm
Website: http://www.namimt.org


For more information about this event, please contact:

Curt Chisholm
cchisholm@namimt.org
Phone: 406-443-7871
You may also contact:

Joe Fleming | jpflemi@namimt.org
Phone: 406-443-7871

No comments: