Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Mrs. Montana Pageant in Billings

We're here! My hubby and I arrived today in Billings.

We had the pleasure of eating dinner with Mrs. Bigfork, Kelly Walker, and her husband, Craig. They are quite a nice and fun couple to spend time with over a meal at the Red Lobster!

After dinner, we came back to the hotel and ran into Leah Johnerson, the current Mrs. Montana! She had Mrs. Washington 2007 with her. It was fun to meet them and talk for a minute as they checked into the hotel.

Then I decided to work off some energy from sitting in the car for 6 hours. Luckily, the workout room was open until 11p.m. So I did the treadmill for an hour. (Michael at Strength Advantage is my sponsor and trainer. He suggested light cardio during the pageant to keep up my workouts and burn off nervous energy.) I'm so glad I did that!

Our orientation starts at 9 am tomorrow, the 11th. Then rehearsal all day and judge's interviews are in the evening. Some of my family will arrive tomorrow night too. I hope to show them my interview suit and share my experiences up to that point.

Our first event is a cocktail dress affair. I'm thrilled to be able to wear a pretty dress I had made in Thailand. I'll try to add some photos tomorrow, but I have a feeling that it will be late in the evening when I get a moment.

I'll do my best to give some fun reporting each day. So check back ;-)

And if you are in Billings, MT and want to attend the Mrs. Montana America pageant, please do! It's being held at the Petro Theater, Sat. 7p.m. July 12th.

Angie

2 comments:

Jennifer Taylor said...

Angie,

I'm so proud of you! I'm praying for you. I know you'll do great.

Janet said...

Hi Angie,

I know you are in the middle of the competition right now. I hope you are having a great time and look forward to hearing more. Good luck, you are in our prayers too.

Janet