Monday, July 02, 2007

Today is the day!

Welcome to Virginia City, Montana! This is the sign you'll see upon entering the town from the Yellowstone (Southern) direction.

Take a second and read the history:-) Now you're up on the time frame and back story. Let's go visit with your cyber tour guides...Angie, Forrest (my son, the actor), and my younger brother, John. We'll be entertaining you for a few weeks as I post about this wonderful part of Montana.



We visited several of the working establishments all day long. I tell you, you need 2-3 days because there is soooo much to do here! This the old Saloon. Behind the main street, is an unbelievably gorgeous avenue. The meadow grass has long grown over the old dirt road. A tiny stream with old trees meander this way and that through the middle of the lane. These buildings are more for viewing than the dozens and dozens of Old West buildings still in use today with businesses running. Even though they are busy, all the establishments still have that yesteryear feel.










Across the street (of meadowed grass now) is the old clothing emporium.



I took tons of photos in just a few hours. If you want a very special place to get unique family photographs or update your portfolio, this is definitely the place. The amount of unusual spots, gorgeous lighting, nooks and crannies with amazing views. Another thing about this area, outdoor weddings with scenery and maybe a stage coach delivery or exit for the bride and groom. Watch for this idea tomorrow, lol. Wouldn't that be a blast?!

Angie

2 comments:

Lindi said...

I'm a little behind in reading them, but I love your posts and your pictures.

AngBreidenbach said...

Thanks Lindi! I love posting them. I have so much fun planning each one. I wish there were a way to make money doing this kind of a thing, lol!
Angie