Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Great Expectations part two

Well, as I expected, the furniture company is wonderful. They are making everything right. Thank you to those courteous folks and especially Debbie.

Another few weeks and all will be set up. I'm so excited. What exciting thing have you had to wait for? Tell me about it.

Right now, there is no bed in my room. We are switching three bedrooms amongst family. It's kind of comical trying to figure out who is sleeping where and which room things are in at the moment. Where did I put my clothes? It's nothing to see at least two of us running up and down the stairs to find the socks that used to be in the other spot.

Are there habits you have to think twice about? Have you done something halfway and had to stop to retrace steps?

I find this in my Weight Watcher's too. I've lost 18 pounds now. I had to retrain my eating habits. What are my triggers? Salty potato chips, chocolate, cookie dough, caramel corn, and corn bread. Now I still let myself have them, but I have to take the right amount and PUT THE PACKAGE AWAY. Otherwise, I nibble.

My friend Stephanie and I discovered that we don't eat when stressed or sad. We both eat when happy and full of joy. In our families, food expressed love. I'm learning to express love in other ways. (Except my sons are on the way back through Utah and I told them to stop at the Beaver exit cheese factory. Cheese curds express love in the best way!)

What triggers you?

The Lord be with you all,

Angie

2 comments:

Mindy Obenhaus said...

Congrats on the 18 pounds, Angie. Bummer about the bedroom suite. Don't you just hate it. You're all pumped, ready for everything to be done, and then things don't go according to plan. Who knows why those things happen. Perhaps Satan was just trying to get a rise out of you. That is so like him.
BTW, what were thinking switching all those bedrooms around this time of year? And where did you find the time?

AngBreidenbach said...

Haha! Nope, never intended to do the switcheroo on the bedrooms during Christmas. We had most of the week after off and planned to do a bunch then with all the kids helping. Unfortunately, the furniture arrived early, really early. The shipping company would only hold it a few days. Voila! Mike was superman because we had no kids and one came and helped for 2 hours. So...there we go. :-)
Angie