Monday, February 23, 2009

Mrs. Elite Ambassador Pageant Results


I'm excited to share a new accomplishment with you all today. I entered an essay in the Mrs. Elite Ambassador Pageant, a national level contest.

The point of this pageant is community service, something very close to my heart. I live very intentionally with a heart of volunteerism. I believe everyone has a niche, something they are passionate about. For me that is helping others to have better relationships and teaching awareness about brain donation. I hope to continue educating people about the importance of brain research in solving mental illness and other brain diseases and disorders.

Each year, one Mrs. Elite Ambassador is added to the sisterhood. She keeps her title for her lifetime and continues her work in her own niche.

This is the second year of the competition. The rules are that she must be married for at least 6 months and write an essay about what marriage means to her as well as what she plans to do with the Mrs. Elite Ambassador title.

I won 1st Runner-Up 2009!


Thanks for sharing my fun today! Maybe I'll have the chance again sometime to win, but it was worth taking the risk for the opportunity to reach out for something I believe in.

Do you take chances?

If you had the opportunity to win a title like this, what would be important enough to you to share with others?

Angie

8 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Congratulations, Angie! That is quite an accomplishment, especially on a national level. I know you were quite anxious about this past weekend.
Perpetuating the belief that dreams can be accomplished is my burn. If the dream is truly inspired, then there can be stopping it!

L. Diane Wolfe
www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
www.spunkonastick.net
www.thecircleoffriends.net

Tosca said...

Congratulations, Angie! You deserved to win--but judges make mistakes sometimes. :) You are an outstanding woman with so much to offer your community, state, and the world. I'm excited to see what you do next!

AngBreidenbach said...

Thank you Diane. I do believe my dream is inspired. I think God gives us directions by what He opens and closes to us. So we turn to the right or left or go straight based on the path available for the next step.
Thank you :-)
Angie

AngBreidenbach said...

Thank you, Tosca. You are such a dear friend and supporter. I appreciate your kind words.
Angie

Fliterary said...

Congratulations, Angie!!

AngBreidenbach said...

Thanks Lisa!

Unknown said...

Wow Angie, you are very proactive with your platform. I am sure it was a very tough decision for the judges to choose the titleholder. You sound like a very accomplished caring woman. Hopefully we'll cross paths someday. : ) Keep up the great work Angie, and God Bless!!
~*Jin*~
Mrs. Elite Ambassador 2009

AngBreidenbach said...

Oh Jin, how gracious of you to visit :-) I'm so glad to hear from you. I would love to hear about the work you will be espousing for your title.

Thank you for stopping by today,
Angie