Saturday, March 08, 2008

Grassis-A really awesome place near Seattle!



I can't figure out how they fit it all in this unusual architecture! But I was amazed at the high end clothing boutique with awesome sales! (And a secret little dressing room is tucked away under the gorgeously graceful wooden stairway.)




Gardening shop:


greeting card area & flower shop, tea room/cafe, and accessories like unique purses & hats.




I think this is one of my favorite new spots! I absolutely loved it! It is the ultimate in combining businesses to make it a "destination" spot.

The tea room is an adorable 116 year old Victorian cafe. The food is terrific!!!



Just look at how they serve a simple roll to you...



On my little tour around the place, I couldn't help taking pictures of such charming features. Take a gander at the street sign and lamp from the spiral staircase! Charming is such an underrated word here.




This is one reason I love to travel. There seems to be an unlimited number of great ideas out there. I love exploring them!

So if you are in downtown Tacoma, Washington (outside of Seattle) stop by Grassis @ 1702 Pacific Avenue across from Union Station. I know I'll be going back:-D

Angie

3 comments:

Lindi said...

Ang,
I think Seattle is my fav city. I'm going there in June. My brother lives there. There is no green like the Northwest is there?
Great photos.

Anonymous said...

Awesome...I just sent this to my husband. He is from the area.

This is for sure where we want to live, the next time we move.

AngBreidenbach said...

Ladies, I so know you are going to love this place! Even my hubby loves it!
Angie