Sunday, October 28, 2007

Right In My Own Front Yard



All Righty! I showed you my backyard (another view of it during a Bocce Ball game) last year when I started blogging about Montana. I love the view of the pastures, mountains, and animals (the animals are all out of the way because the dogs kept stealing the bocce ball.)

Then it inspired me to show a lot more of Montana (okay, and I was spurred on when an American actually asked me where in Canada is Montana?) After I picked my jaw up off the floor, I began to share what Montana really looked like, what there was to do, and promoting the state I love.

Montana is right in my own front yard, but most definitely, my yard is in the U.S. (just in case you didn't know:-) )
Here it is...my front yard!


This is an amazing homestead between Bozeman and Missoula on I-90. You'd see it best heading East toward Bozeman. The fall weather has turned all the grass and plants around it into a desert. But then, a lot of Montana is considered a mountain desert. How the pioneers ever survived here, I have no idea. Imagine that expanse for your yard!


To be fair, this is another part of my backyard. The apple and cherry trees were jealous that I only showed the lawn and horse pasture. :-D Notice some of our resident deer herd? We thought we grew apples for our use. The deer let us know that, no, it was for their pleasure,
:-D
I watch the deer often. They have gotten quite used to living in our orchard. sigh...no apples this year.


Let's see what other pretty Montana views there are in the next few days, but in the meantime, would you consider popping over to visit one or two other blogs?
http://writersrest.blogspot.com is a place I am blogging sometimes on Sundays (today is one of those) as a contributing author.
http://writingbyfaith.blogspot.com is the group blog I've been in now for quite awhile. If you haven't visited, six authors blog there regularly. My day is every Wednesday. And of course, I'd love to have you continue to browse through the archives here to your hearts content.

Thank you so much for spending your time with me. I'm honored.
Angie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it looks so beautiful, thanks for sharing Sonyia :)