Wednesday, September 12, 2007

It's so fun to offer recipes from the authors I interview. I hope you all enjoy this one...
Angie

From Julie Eller:


BROCCOLI & RICE CASSEROLE

This is a recipe of my mother-in-law’s; it’s definitely comfort food and very welcome on those winter nights that will be upon us before we turn around!

½ cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped celery
1 16-oz frozen broccoli
1 cup butter/margarine
1 can Cream Of Mushroom soup
12 oz Velveeta, chunked
2 cups cooked rice

Cook rice, prepare onion and celery. Cube cheese. Spray casserole dish with Pam, then combine ingredients and mix well. Bake at 350 for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or microwave in 10-minute intervals, stirring and blending periodically. Yum!!

Thank you so much, Julie:-)

Angie

1 comment:

Mindy Obenhaus said...

I love this recipe. It's a regular part of my Thanksgiving repertoire:-)