Sunday, September 23, 2007

Day 3 ACFW Conference.

I had the honor of being Chip MacGregor's hostess for his two workshops. He taught on how to go fulltime in the writing business and about contract negotiation. (I'm going to do some more in-depth posts reporting on those and a few others through the next few weeks. Hang with me:-D )



I just had to show you all Tiffany Colter's shoes! I kept admiring them all day. lol. And by the way, she has a new writing coach workshop online.


Here's Margie Lawson, Michelle Sutton, Mindy Obenhaus, and Christy LaShae-Smith prior to the awards banquet.


At the awards, Dan Case, Tracy, Jenness Walker, and Cathy West all posed for my camera:-)


The funny thing about this photo to me is how color coordinated Chip and Ang are...and that my brother's name is also Chip. So growing up, people always called us Chip and Ang. (Very ironic to me.) Chip MacGregor is wearing full formal Scottish regalia. Such a treat to see this tuxedo style honoring his heritage.


Susan May Warren and I have the same taste in pretty dresses!


Nothing is complete without dessert:-D "Oooooh, chocolate!"


And the awards were very special! My friend, blogging partner, and critique buddy did very well.
Jennifer Hudson-Taylor won 2 awards with 2 different books in the Genesis! Just so you know, no one is perfect. Her book title was typoed. It's really called, By His Plan. See the FAITH Girls blog for more:-)





My other critique buddy, Jenness Walker, and her writing partner, Tracy Bowne, win 3rd place in Chick Lit Genesis. Whoohoo!




Okay, this is getting too long:-D I'll post a part II.

Thanks for visiting,
Angie

8 comments:

Southern-fried Fiction said...

Angie, girl, you did better than Novel Journey. LOL We couldn't get a decent internet connection!

Thanks for your awesome "Randy" impression. Y'all were da bomb!!! :o)

Lindi said...

Thanks for keeping us posted, Ang. You did a great job and are the official F.A.I.T.H. historian.

AngBreidenbach said...

Ane,
THANK YOU! I can't tell you how much your praise means to me!!! thank you,
Angie

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

It looks like everyone had a fabulous time! I hope to get there next year ;-)

Edgy Inspirational Author said...

I just got home an hour ago. How in the world did you do all this Ang? Great conference coverage. I had no idea you were doing so much!

LaShaunda said...

Angela,

I want to thank you for taking the time to do this. It was almost as good being there. I pray one day to attend.

I appreciate you sharing your experience. Great pictures :)

Anonymous said...

Goodness, girl. How much do I have to pay you to REMOVE photos? LOL. I look as spaced as I must have felt. Besides that aspect, great conference coverage. :-) And great meeting you in person!

AngBreidenbach said...

Hi gals! I really enjoyed your comments! Thank you for the kind compliments and for visiting my blog for the ACFW coverage. I really hope that Bonnie and LaShaunda can come to Minneapolis next year. You two will LOVE it!

And Michelle, thanks. I just have fun doing this so I sacrificed a bit of sleep. That would be why I ran around with eye drops...to get that redness out, lol. Jenness, nope, not taking off your gorgeous face:-) I'm proud of my crit partner's win!

Appreciating all of you!
Angie