Thursday, May 17, 2007

How broken is broken...

By guest Michelle Sutton

I've been thinking about the meaning of brokenness today and why God loves it so much. Brokenness is a state of powerlessness. A place where pride has no standing. A condition that allows God to work and His spirit to move. Brokenness is a good place to be. Despair is not.

Despair is when you've lost all hope. Despair is from the devil. The words even begin with the same letter. As does doubt, discouragement, demise, depression.

Brokenness is a beautiful place to be. Where God's bountiful blessings can be bestowed upon the broken person. So when tempted to allow despair to set it, seek brokenness instead.

2 comments:

AngBreidenbach said...

I'm so glad you posted this today! I'm having a broken vessel day. Things have been a bit off kilter for a while, and sometimes, we need to just stop. So I'm letting God in and resting for a moment right now.
Thanks,
Angie

Edgy Inspirational Author said...

It's weird how in synch we are sometimes. First the matching voices and now the moods. Well, hmmm... Love you my sweet twin in God's country where they make the best bear claws I ever ate in my life. Hint, hint.