Monday, April 02, 2007

Surviving depression by encouraging others...

Posted by guest Michelle Sutton


On March 15, 2007 I started a private group on Shoutlife (a myspace type site only for Christians) and right now there are 549 members. This is my blurb about the group called Surviving Depression...

Are you saved, born again, and love Jesus with your whole heart, but some days still feel dark and depressing? Do you wish that annoying black cloud that hovers over your head would just go away, yet it lingers despite your prayers and longing to be free? Do you feel victory in this area for weeks, months, and maybe even years, only to have it return when you least expect it? If any of these things ring true for you this group may help. When Jesus manifests His spirit within a fellowship of believers, healing and love abounds. We can encourage each other here, folks. Everyone is welcome.

*** What I've discovered since I started moderating the message boards and contributing to this group of Christians is that encouraging others really helps me, too. This time of year is normally the worst time for me, but I made it through March fairly well. So I encourage you if you want to help yourself to heal, help someone else in the same or similar circumstances by encouraging them to keep on keeping on. It really works. I'm living proof.

2 comments:

AngBreidenbach said...

I'm grateful to Michelle for this posting. I know so many people who just need someone to understand the need for support in depression. I'm excited to be able to offer a connection with Michelle:-D
Angie

Edgy Inspirational Author said...

Love you, too, Angie. We broken vessels need to stick together.