Saturday, January 06, 2007

New Excitement

What a great day! I'm building a group blog with several other authors at http://writingbyfaith.blogspot.com, buiding an email list for schizophrenia support, critiquing a friend's work, taking 2 online classes on marketing and taxes, finishing my proposal, editing my synopsis down to 3 pages, catching up on emails, have already been to my Weight Watcher's meeting, and feeling really productive. Some days just feel more productive than usual. Have you ever noticed that? Like you get on a roll and things seem to zip.

What makes a productive day for you? Is it when business clicks? Or when the house feels organized? For me it's when I succeed at multi-tasking and actually finish several things in one day. I look back and say, "Wow was that a whirlwind or what?!" Then I feel very satisfied.

What helps you achieve your goals? How do you concentrate on them? I make lists and check things off. I don't believe in New Year's resolutions. They seem like fluff to me. Something you can blow off when you want to give up. I prefer setting realistic goals. I set them for my personal life, health, business, finances, etc. Pretty much for anything I don't want to look back on sometime in the future and say, "I wish I'd..." Besides, I can work on it now and see progress or I can sit on it and regret. For most things, any progress is a positive and any regret is a waste.



Angie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I have to seriously lean on the Lord to help me complete what's necessary, but I don't make resolutions at all anymore. Only lists:-)

AngBreidenbach said...

Me too:-)
Angie