Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Hitting Home: Wisdom establishes strength

Have you ever considered that the Lord has placed people in your care when you are teaching?

Preparing my presentation for the Naked Truth Singles Conference in Memphis brought me to Proverbs 24: 3-6, "Use wisdom and understanding to establish your home; let good sense fill the rooms with priceless treasures. Wisdom brings strength, and knowledge gives power. Battles are won by listening to advice and making a lot of plans." CEV

The more I digest these verses, the more I believe confidence is rooted in gaining wisdom. Confident people are seen as strong, smart, knowing what to do, and powerful. I don't mean powerful as egotistical, but as a leadership quality. Someone who has the power to lead.

The image of "good sense fill the rooms with priceless treasures" describes the concepts I've written about in the online classes I teach that help us battle the inner pirates and earn our gems of wisdom. It was like God saying I'd gotten it right. A confirmation. The sense of confirmation elated me the last few days because I want so dearly to bless the lives and hearts of the people given into my care for the upcoming seminar. Rereading the verses, they hit home. I am relying on them as the theme for my seminar now.

And that realization is what stunned me! God has given me the responsibility to care for people that come to hear me speak. Care like a shepherd, to protect, to nourish. Such a grave responsibility to be placed in the role of caring for His people's hearts and well-being.

In what way has God placed people in your care?
How do these verses speak to you?

Angie
New Release: Creative Cooking for Colitis



available now at
http://www.mygemofwisdom.com/products-page/books/creative-cooking-for-colitis-cookbook/

No comments: