Saturday, September 19, 2009

ACFW Conference: People We Meet

Who has changed your life?

Who has poured into you teaching that framed the direction you would go?

Who has given you only a moment, but it twinkled up golden enriching the years to come?

These moments, teaching, chance meetings happen all day, each day here at the conference.

A lovely dinner with Randy Ingermanson, Mary DeMuth, Danica Favorite, Merritt Talbot, Mary Beth Whalen, Meredith Efken, and myself ran for over 2 hours. I felt like it changed my life, framed direction, and twinkled golden that each of these people shared a wealth of knowledge, fun stories with great lessons, and amazing brain boggling ideas for marketing and career.

I had the honor of meeting Debbie Macomber, Harry Kraus, and Ted Dekker.

Did I take classes today?

Absolutely.

Were they astounding?

Absolutely.

But the joy of the American Christian Fiction Writers conference doesn't lie in one class or one new connection-though it could. The joy is in the unexpected, continuous moments that string together until the flake of gold becomes a gold strike!

I am rich beyond measure because someone else poured their generous spirit out for me.

Thank you.
Angie

4 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Every day we meet people who could change our lives forever if we'd just take the time and not rush by...

Trish (author p.m.terrell) has probably been my greatest influence and mentor.

AngBreidenbach said...

I bet Trish is so honored by your public acknowledgement of her. How awesome that you can do that freely!
Angie
http://www.MyGemofWisdom.com

Mary DeMuth said...

Glad to hear I was part of your fun journey there!

AngBreidenbach said...

Mary, you totally are. I admire you greatly for your courage. You are a Courageous Beauty! Thank you for standing up for women who struggle to even stand under the load of harship.