Thursday, May 07, 2009

Dear Mom: Everything your teenage daughter wants you to know but will never tell you


By Melody Carlson

Here's a contest for this book! I haven't done one in a while. So this week, we are going to do two, count them, two in a row! What do you have to do to enter? Oh, I am so glad you asked...just post a comment today. I'll draw the winner tomorrow and then send out the winner's copy! (So make sure I can find you somehow.) -Angie


I've had 3 daughters, a niece and a foreign exchange daughter over the years. My only complaint is that this book didn't come out sooner!~Angie

Every mom knows how communicating with a teenage girl can be difficult, even impossible at times. One-word answers. Defensive conversations. Daily arguments. How typical for teens to put up such barriers. All the while, moms truly long to know what their daughters really think.

Best-selling author Melody Carlson, whose books for women, teens, and children have sold more than three million copies, bridges this chasm with trusted insight. She speaks frankly in the voice of the teen daughters she’s written for and she tells it like it is: struggles with identity, guys, friendship, and even parents—it’s all here. The straight-talk to moms covers such things as “I need you, but you can’t make me admit it,” “I’m not as confident as I appear,” and “I have friends. I need a mother.”

Instead of focusing on outward behaviors, Dear Mom looks at a young woman’s heart and reveals to moms:

· how to talk to teens so they hear,

· how to connect despite the differences of perspective or years and experiences,

· and how strengthen the bond every mom and daughter ultimately wants.

The lively chapters in Dear Mom can be dipped into topically or used as a read-through tool by moms and daughters alike to understand what motivates or deflates, troubles or inspires—and just in time for Mother’s Day and all the Mother’s Days ahead.

Author Bio:
Melody Carlson is the award-winning author of more than one hundred books for adults, children, and teens, with sales totaling more than three million copies. Beloved for her Diary of a Teenage Girl and Notes from a Spinning Planet series, she’s also the author of the women’s novels Finding Alice (in production now for a Lifetime-TV movie), Crystal Lies, On This Day, These Boots Weren’t Made for Walking, and A Mile in My Flip-Flops. A mother of two grown sons, Melody lives in central Oregon with her husband and chocolate lab retriever. She’s a full-time writer and an avid gardener, biker, skier, and hiker.

Just in case you didn't win today, here's where you can get your own copy of Dear Mom.

1 comment:

Edna said...

Oh yes He does as I am a broken vessel, but I love to witness for Him and do so every change I get.

mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

I love to be abke to answer Bible questions for my granddaughters,