Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Your Guide to the Grand Canyon: A Different Perspective





I love this little book. It has lots of photos and tidbits that made me want to go to the Grand Canyon right now. I loved reading about the train ride, the trail rides and the ancient peoples. I loved seeing pictures of unusual animals and plants.

I shared this book with my dad and he immediately schedules a trip with my niece and nephew based on the information in this pocket guide book. One of our family traits is to travel and explore the world. Based on the information in Your Guide to the Grand Canyon, I think I'd need several days to a week there!

But in addition to those interesting touristy things, Your Guide to the Grand Canyon does give a different perspective. It teaches in simple terms how the Grand Canyon was formed. None of that zillions of years mumbo jumbo that you can't wrap your mind around. Nope. Simple, matter-of-fact scientific detail that is actually fun to read that makes sense.

I like the fold out pages with trail maps, flight overviews and answers to questions on the outside page. What a great way to educate your kids! The little hardback book creates a natural curiosity akin to Trivial Pursuit or one of those game shows where the guest answers simple questions that build to more difficult. One surprise question: Which animal is the most dangerous in the Grand Canyon? (Not telling, you have to get the book to find out.) ;-)

It's small enough to take along on the visit too. Hmm, how soon can I go?

If you'd like your copy of Your Guide to the Grand Canyon: A Different Perspective, visit www.masterbooks.net or call 870.438.5288 or www.nlpg.com
Angie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

Please forgive me for contacting you via the comments section, but I can't seem to find a way to contact you otherwise.

My name is Jaime and I work for Pump Up Your Book Promotions - http://www.pumpupyourbookpromotion.com/ - which is an online tour/promotions company for authors to get the word out online about their books. For a month, interviews with the author, guests posts by the author, and reviews of the author’s book will appear at various websites.
I have an author, Donna Lee Schillinger, who is touring in April and I think your blog would be a great place for her to stop on her virtual tour. I am wondering if you would be interested in reviewing her book. You can find out more about Donna on her website: http://www.onmyownnow.com/ Conducting a Q&A with her and/or having her guest post are also options.

The review process would involve you receiving the book – in the mail or an ebook via email – and putting the review up on your blog on a date we agree on. Let me know what you think.

I hope this all sounds good to you and I hear from you soon.

Thanks for your time!

Cheers,

Jaime
jmfictionscribe(at)gmail(dot)com