Hands of Hope promote their Goat, Chicken and Well cards for the holiday season. These cards are great for holiday giving, customer appreciation, birthdays, etc.
Below you will find a picture and the wording for each card, as well as the price ($15 - $50) for each. The cards can be ordered through the Hands of Hope web site through this link.
A teacher who received a card from one of his students, remarked:
"This was the most profound gift I have received from a student in all my 38 years of teaching."
Roger Prazaider, 5th Grade Teacher, Geneva, IL
Please join us in Spreading the Word about Hands of Hope and the work they do and help get resources into the hands of those who need it most. If you would like to join this blog tour, an html blog post with all the info will be provided to you.
At this price, this is a gift you can't afford NOT to give! A perfect gift for everyone in your life. Scroll down further to read about Hands of Hope current projects.
Chicken Cards are one example of many available. Please be sure to visit the link below for additional options like Goat Cards, Well Cards (for drinking water) and other mission opportunities.
- Training, technical assistance and resource development in production and post harvest management for over 1000 rural farmers (approx. 6000 people)
- Development of agricultural business services to create markets for farmer crops
- Access to credit and financial services to minimize risk and maximize return for farmers
Education - Limulunga Community School
- Funding a school building - 600 children receive an otherwise unattainable education in this poverty stricken rural community
- Providing school uniforms, books, supplies and equipment
- Funding a "children in crisis" project for critical needs of students
- Providing desks for 600 children
- Provide wells and irrigation systems for farm families
Completed and Ongoing Projects
Emergency Refuge Support - Southern Sudan
- Agricultural tools and seeds for 350 families returning from war
Providing Goats and Chickens to an expanding network of over 2000 poor rural families
Microfinance Loans - Congo, Rwanda, Uganda
- Provided women seed money to establish or expand viable businesses and provide sustainable income with affordable financing that changes the future of families and transforms poverty-stricken communities.
Education and Vocational Training Center for AIDS Orphans - Uganda
- Working directly with First Lady Janet Museveni, we helped fund an educational complex that serves 400 children with secondary education and vocational training
- Provided clothing, bedding, first aid kits, musical instruments and transportation for Sefula School for the Blind which cares for 200 children with urgent needs
VVF Hostel and Vocational Training Center - Nigeria
- 50 bed hospital wing and rehab center serving over 2100 women suffering from horrendous gynecological problems as a result of early childhood pregnancies and subsequent pregnancies
Emergency Assistance - Southern Sudan
- Mosquito nets and water containers for over 200 families returning home to rebuild their lives after 21 years of war.