Sunday, November 09, 2008

A Christening


Today my little grandson is getting dedicated. It's much like a christening in that the parents promise to raise the baby in the church and in following the teachings of Christ.

The difference is that he won't be baptized until he's old enough to choose it for himself.

So really, we are promising as his grandparents (and his parents) to give him the choice.

We will teach him about God and the 10 Commandments. We will promise to bring him to church and teach him about Jesus. But at some point in Jude's life, he will choose whether to follow God's way or not.

So today I am saying a prayer. A prayer for the parents of my grandson and for my grandson that he will always follow the Lord with all his heart. I pray that he will always be safe in his father's arms and in his Father's arms. That his parents will teach him who Jesus is every day and that Jesus loves him. I pray the Lord's protection and blessings on little Jude. And I pray that as grandparents, we will do everything God needs us to do to love this little boy into His kingdom. I'm so grateful and thankful to have my grandchild. I thank God for such a gift.

Angie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this, Angie. What a great day for you!!!!

God bless little Jude.

Jennifer Taylor said...

How precious!!!