Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Another Engagement in Our Family




I'm proud to announce the engagement of my oldest son, Forrest, to his long-time gal, Tristan.

[Check back in a day or so for engagement party photos. I'll be adding them to this post and a few others. It's just really, really late tonight.]

We had a surprise engagement party for them. Forrest took Tristan out to eat in a tux while she wore a long evening gown.

His younger (and newly married) brother suddenly showed up with his wife--and guitar.

Devan started playing. Forrest started singing..."What are you doing the rest of your life...?"

Then all the guests piled in.

Now Tristan knew it was probably THE night when she had to wear a gown to dinner. What she didn't know was that around 30 people were going to show up and celebrate with her.

Quite a lovely party :-D

So in less than six months, I will be a mother-in-law for the second time!

When did they grow up? I'm sure I don't remember time passing!

sigh. 4 more kids to go...

Stay tuned, I'll let you know as the ideas pour in...


Angie

No comments: