Thursday, December 20, 2007

The proposal is going out today!

Did you ever have a dream that felt like the harder you worked for it, the farther it pushed away?

I'm saying finally! This is the last pass through for a proposal that took too long to write. Something I believe in fiercely. Unfortunately, a long chain of unavoidable events caused it to move back. Those events may not be fully under control, but I loved what I read yesterday and today in my Bible.

I read Luke 8:15, "But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop."

It struck me profoundly. I wanted to produce a good crop by persevering. I realized that good soil must be prepared, fertilized, weeded, tended regularly. What had I done to care for the rich earth of my life?

I believe that all the things that have and will happen this year cannot stop the plans God has for me. To that end, I desire to be the good soil and raise up a bumper crop. I purposed to work late at night toward my goals. I read, take classes, receive mentorship, and mentor others. I ask questions. Then I just plain try.

So it's past one in the morning. What's new? Between work, kids, classes, meals, illness, wedding planning...I am persevering. Who knows what will come of it all? But nothing would if I didn't push through the difficulties. Where will I be next year at this time? A lot closer to my goal because I intentionally work toward it. My internal thought process works constantly to the next step, even a baby step.

Thank you, Lord, for encouraging me these last two days with that one verse. I heard your word and I am retaining it. Please help me to produce a crop with the seed you sow in me.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.

What about you? Are you nurturing the seed sown in you? If not, how could you water it today?

Angie

No comments: