Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Allison Bottke's Recipe

Allison Bottke shares this recipe with us:-) And I made it for dinner tonight! They smell delectable. They taste wonderful. I've been asked to make them again. Mmm mmm.

Red Lobster Cheese Biscuits...


Red Lobster Cheese Biscuits...

Dough:
1 ¼ lbs. Bisquick mix
3 oz. Freshly shredded cheddar cheese
11 oz cold water

Garlic Spread:
½ Cup melted butter
1 teasp. Garlic powder
¼ teasp. Salt
1/8 teasp. Onion powder
1/8 teasp. Dried parsley

To cold water, add Bisquick and cheese, blending in a mixing bowl. Mix until dough is firm, but don’t overmix.

Using a small scoop, place dough on a baking pan lined with baking paper. Bake in 375 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. While biscuits bake, combine the spread ingredients.

Brush baked biscuits with the garlic topping.


Voila! Red Lobster cheese biscuits. YUMMY!

I used the Low Fat Bisquick baking mix. So with all the cheese and butter, I would guestimate one biscuit to be about 4 Weight Watcher Points for the standard sized biscuit. They can fit into your Weight Watcher's plan if you are realistic about the size of the serving. That made for a happy tummy for me:-)

Thank you soooo much, Allison, for this great recipe!
Angie

3 comments:

Allison Bottke said...

Makes me hungry! My family loves these cheesey biscuits as well...all of my baking pans are packed but I just may have to figure out Plan B so I can bake some myself! Lookinf forward to giving away some free copies of my newest novel, so come on down! Drop us a comment and let's get the ball rollin!

Missy Tippens said...

Yum!! I can't wait to try it! I'm putting the items on my grocery list today. :)

thanks for sharing, Allison!

Missy

Anonymous said...

this recipe sounds good, I will have to try it out, I'm sure my family will love it thanks for sharing Sonyia