Sunday, January 21, 2007

What are you doing to reach your dream?

I read a great quote recently on one of my online classes.

"I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen."

~ Frank Lloyd Wright

What dream do you feel so intensely that you are willing to be devoted unremittingly? No turning aside. It zings around in your head when you should be sleeping. The dream whispers to you by pinging off the walls of other ideas. It whistles past your ears instead of the business meeting you are attending while the presenter is suddenly muted.

What do you need to change to consider yourself dedicated to what you want to see happen?

For me, I needed an education in the business of publishing. I spent over a year slowly and methodically recreating my schedule to bring about a new lifestyle that allows me to write and take classes. Now, one year later, I've stepped it up. I'm taking 2-4 classes a month online. My website is up and fully functional. I've completed my first novel and just started the second. My blog (yep, this one) and a new group blog are also fully functional. Before I accept a responsibility, I've learned to weigh it against my goals. That includes choices in classes because I'd really rather do them all!

So what does this mean? It means there's no going back. I've invested not only my time and money, but I've fully invested me into my dream. I cannot see my life as it was before because I have remade it. My life is in alignment with the dream God has given me. I am devoted to bringing this goal, this dream, this way of being to pass.

Thank you so much, Lord, for placing inside of us the burning desire to achieve what you made us to do.

And lovely reader, if you aren't on fire and devoted to your dream right now, what will it take for you to unleash the dream inside of you? What do you need to release? What can you change? Nothing needs to happen overnight. I've learned things are done in a process, not in a whirlwind. Make one decision, make it fit, and then make another. One step at a time. You'll look back a year later and think, "Wow it worked, look at how far I've come."

The point of all this? Your decisions from this moment on becomes a crossroad. Every decision you give away becomes a left turn. A turn away from the path you should be on. How many left turns will you make before you make the "right" turn? Not sure? Think about Jeremiah 6:16. “This is what the Lord says, ‘Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.’ But you said ‘We will not walk in it’”

So what about it? Will you stand and ask or will you charge down the left fork?

May God grant you the good way,

Angie

No comments: